Monday 27 November 2017

La cuillère n’existe pas

Voilà, ma petite Amélie: la cuillère n’existe pas // So, my little Amelie: there is no spoon
Today we were given a text about the movie Amélie.  Our homework is to find synonyms for the adjective used to describe various characters from the movie.

The text was accompanied by a (badly photocopied) image from the poster - Amelie holding a spoon, looking extremely pleased with herself and with the world around her.

A parallel with the famous "There is no spoon" scene from the Matrix came to my mind. For some reason, I never saw it before. Of course, when I've googled it became clear that many people made the very same connection before me.

But anyway - here it is. Once she was told there is no spoon, Amelie ceased to be so very pleased.

The cat is taking a short break for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment