Tuesday 14 November 2017

Souvent, le chat rêve

Souvent, le chat rêve d'avoir sa propre petite île. Et parfois il ne le fait pas. // Often the cat dreams of having his own little island. And sometimes he does not.
Today, we had a whole bunch of tests, including the small monologue based on a questionnaire which I already mentioned.
I wanted to be (or seem) smart, so I included words like parfois (sometimes) and souvent (often) in mine. Unfortunately, the whole French pronunciation business went right out of my head when I needed it most (as usual, I must add). I am afraid I didn't seem quite as smart as I wished.
So I am using this picture to fix if not the pronunciation, then at least the spelling of these words in my mind.
There was a higher than normal number of sharks this year at the Fuerteventura Kite Festival. That explains the fins, I guess.
In other news, I have completely filled a small-format sketchbook bought at Flying Tiger and started drawing in a slightly bigger one from MUJI. The paper is whiter and smoother; it doesn't absorb the ink as well. I smudged the outline when trying to remove the pencil marks. I should wait longer next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment