Tuesday 5 May 2020

Mes petites cellules grises

Cette histoire m’intrigue énormément, comme un défi lancé à mes petites cellules grises //
This story intrigues me greatly, as a challenge to my little gray cells

Today’s prompt is “cell”, cellule.

By a happy coincidence, the Spanish television is now showing Agatha Christie’s Poirot series, and Hercule Poirot is extremely fond of talking about his “little grey cells”, so here is the cat, dressed in his sharpest grey summer suit as a tribute to the famous detective (especially as portrayed by David Suchet). He looks extremely elegant, in my professional opinion. The only big(ish) detail that is missing is a pocket watch chain, and that’s because with my bad (again) Internet I can’t work out how it is supposed to be worn.

In quarantine news, yesterday and very SUDDENLY! ©, with less than a 24-hour warning, the small shops, hairdressers and barbers got a permission to open under certain conditions. Only very few could react as fast as all that. Yesterday, on my way to a bigger supermarket I walked along the main commercial street of Triana barrio. As far as I could see, practically everything was still closed, including the shops which have the permission to open. Happily, my favourite office and art supply store Carlin was open, even if it was just a temporary counter placed across the doorway. You had to tell the lady attendant what you wanted and she’d go in and fetch it for you. I got a new Sakura Koi pen brush, to draw more cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment