Wednesday 6 May 2020

La devise d’un chat sage

La devise d’un chat sage: peu de biens avec liberté // The motto of a wise cat: few goods with freedom

I discovered yesterday that I skipped one prompt and was using them with a sort of frameshift mutation.

First I thought I’d just do one impromptu pic, but when I looked up phrases with the missed prompt “estate”, biens, this French proverb came up and I found it irresistible.

So here is the wisest cat of the all, with all his earthly possessions in a small furoshiki bundle, enjoying a bonfire by waterside. Simple pleasure.

In quarantine diaries, the first mad rush for the morning exercise definitely subsided in our area, perhaps because there is no access to the beach. I take it Las Canteras are still quite busy in the mornings. In the evenings, however, it is like a rave along the promenade. Safety distances are not kept, that’s for sure. Some more small businesses opened yesterday. There is a small two-chair barbershop two doors away from ours. They opened on Monday afternoon already, now being just one-chair affair. Yesterday, when I walked home, there was a guy sitting on a bench outside, obviously expecting his turn. Out of curiosity, I asked him how it was arranged, because you are supposed to have an appointment. He says he got his via WhatsApp, but, he added, they don’t have free anything till Thursday. So all these wild hair will stay with us for a while, I imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment