Monday 30 October 2017

le chat est japonais


Le chat est japonais. Le matcha est une boisson japonaise.// The cat is Japanese. Matcha is a japanese drink
Today, we were concentrating of toponym-derived masculine and feminine adjectives. The word "Japanese" will have slightly different endings in "she is Japanese" and "he is Japanese".

"Boisson", "drink" is feminine in French. The sumo wrestler cat is a tomcat, i.e. he takes a masculine adjective.

I still don't know if there is a neuter grammatical gender in French, but I will figure it out eventually.

Well, I figured it was a perfect moment for my favorite character to cast off his beret and baguette and show his true (japanese, dunno feminine or masculine) nature.

In other news, there are no black Koi pen-brushes in the shops. This is partially the reason for casting off the beret - I don't like coloring it is with a fineliner pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment