Wednesday 25 October 2017

Fuseau horaire

Fuseau horaire // Time zone

Today, much to my chagrin, I have discovered that not only I confuse six and seven when I need to write them down, but I confuse place names in the same manner. Well, maybe not all place names, but still, it was embarrassing.

I came into the classroom a bit late, and the teacher was about to start playing an audio in which two people were talking on a plane. Knowing full well that he will ask us to repeat all the details of the conversation, I listened carefully while pulling my pen and a notebook out of the backpack and started taking notes as soon as I was ready. It couldn’t have been more than a few seconds between me hearing “Hong Kong” being mentioned and writing down ... TADA! ... Thailand.

And I was absolutely, one hundred percent sure what I wrote was correct, which made it especially amusing for my classmates and the teacher.

And then came the discussion about time zones and time difference between Paris and Thailand and I discovered that I wildly overestimate it. It is only six hours it seems; I was sure, don’t ask me why, that it was around twelve.

Well, anyhow. Another day, another discovery.

PS: And the Parisian cat (Le chat parisien) looks like he just broke out of a prison.

Pictures related to cats @ Shutterstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment