Wednesday 25 March 2020

Qualité

La qualité a tendance à se déployer comme des vagues // Quality tends to fan out like waves

The third item on my prompt list is “quality”, qualité.

To illustrate, I chose the quote about Quality from Robert M. Pirsig’s Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance*. The original quote comes in English. I can’t find it in French, although of course the book was translated into it.

Here is the cat, spreading some quality around, because he has much of it. Also, he is spreading some waves, not to waste time on undefinable, because quality cannot be defined, but waves can.

* My former colleague once told me that he found a copy of this book in the DIY section of Saffron Walden town library while looking for a book of bicycle repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment