Thursday 18 January 2018

Le chat est libre


Le chat est libre // The cat is free!
Our French course is over. I passed, not with flying colors, but pass I did.
As usual, the end of something is accompanied by a mixture of feelings. One is definitely that of profound relief (Master has given a sock! Dobby is free!). And another is of sadness, of course. It was fun and difficult at the same time.

Sometime in November I realized that I made a mistake by enrolling in two language courses at once. Two not-yet-internalized languages - French and Spanish  - started to fight over the all-important "who comes out first" question, occasionally leaving me speechless in both Spanish and French classes. Considering that I am now in the last year of Spanish and want to finish it on a high note, I decided to make a pause with intensive French course till next academic year. 

I won't stop practicing completely, of course, so the pictures will continue.

The steaming brown something in the background are churros.
French wikipedia tells us : 
Les churros sont des pâtisseries espagnoles. Ils se présentent sous la forme d'une pâte frite en forme de « gros spaghetti »
(Churros are Spanish pastries. They come in the form of a dough shaped as "fat spaghetti" and fried).
I would argue that spaghetti are never ridged and churros always are, to make hot-chocolate dunking easier.

We went for chocolate con churros (chocolat avec des churros) to mark the end of course.

Now all the objects in the picture are well and truly explained, I feel.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment