![]() |
| Jasconius // Aspidochelone // Aspidochélon |
- Il existe dans la mer un être nommé tortue à bouclier, semblable au dragon ou à la baleine
- There exists in the sea a creature known as the shield-turtle, resembling the dragon or the whale.
During Inktober of 2024, when the prompt was "navigator" I made a little picture about Saint Brendan.
And I knew about the legend of phantom island of San Borondon for a good long while.
Yet somewow, I've never made the connection between the two - the difference in the writing of the name was sufficient to mask it. Up till today, that is.
Now I know it all started with Saint Brendan. It was him and his companions who stopped by what they assumed was an island. They were wrong, the island was not an island, but rather a giant creature called Jasconius. They woke him up by making a campfire at his back.
I prefer to think of him as a dragon rather than a whale. He learned to hide much better since Saint Brendan's time. Here he is, dreaming happily, undisturbed by campfires.

No comments:
Post a Comment