Tuesday 20 November 2018

il portait un château

Il portait un château // He was wearing a castle
Many a time when learning a language I misspoke - used a wrong word or pronounced the correct one badly - and caused some amusement. *

Of course I am not alone in it. Yesterday in class one of my classmates confused two similar(ish) words - chapeau (hat) and château (castle). Easy mistake to make, especially since we had just spoken about castles.

It called to mind a rather Monty Python-esque image, so the cat is wearing a castle. He is a bit scatter-brained anyway.

Timur also reminded me that in Time Bandits there is an episode with a giant wearing a boat on his head. Of course it is still very Monty Python, what with Terry Gilliam having written it and all.

---
* Well, actually, I can almost as easily do it in Russian too, especially when distracted.


No comments:

Post a Comment