Sunday 11 March 2018

Aujourd'hui le temps est gris et maussade


Aujourd'hui le temps est gris et maussade au Nord de la France -- je m'en fiche // Today the weather is grey and gloomy in the north of France -- I don't care
Today, the main phrase comes from Transparent Language email again. When I saw it I thought I'd check if the weather there was indeed grey and gloomy today, and was surprised to find that no, it's not bad at all.

Still, our day was better (but of course). So, I decided that the cat should think something along the lines "I couldn't care less". Google translate, surprisingly, gave me a much shorter phrase than I expected - "je m'en fiche". Suspicious, I re-checked and was pleased to see that  it indeed expresses the sentiment of not caring exactly.


No comments:

Post a Comment